Friday, August 12, 2011

Can't waste cake!

I had an extra layer of red velvet sitting around my house, left over from the hearts cake I made for my friend earlier this week. It was the first time I'd made the recipe and I decided after the first two layers, I needed more. But three was enough so I have an extra that needs to be out of my house so I don't eat this delish cake.

I did have some left over cream cheese icing also so I did the fun "rosette" cake. I think the flowers were a little flatter since it was cream cheese icing, but it was fine. I wanted to decorate the sides differently because it was only an inch high so no room for roses. I had some peach-ish buttercream so I did some piping (fun!) on the sides. Simple lines but I still enjoyed piping. Not much room for anything too intricate.



Nothing too special but I thought I'd share anyway :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment