Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Beach Shower

As you might have read in my last post, I had a busy week last week. Obviously because of the 3-tiered caking I made for my sister's 30th birthday, but I had a couple of other cakes also. One was for a wedding shower at my church (the bride whose cake I'll be doing next weekend).

                                                            





 Obviously, it was a beach themed shower. (That's where the title came from. Ironically, it rained 2 out of the 3 days I was at the beach too. Booo) I hope it went well with the decor. I wasn't there since I was at the beach! :) The "sand" is crumbled graham crackers. The shells are white and milk chocolate truffles a lady bought for the cake. This is the first time I have done off-centered stacking. I don't know if you can tell but the 8" is off-centered to make room for the fence and sand. I hope it all turned out fine! I haven't heard anything since I dropped it off on the way to Florida.



The other was for a co-worker. Her birthday was Tuesday. We were coming back Monday night (we made it in at midnight) so I had planned on icing it and freezing it, thawing it Monday night, then just decorating it with a cute owl on Tuesday morning! That didn't go as planned. I already baked the cake so I wasn't sure what to do with it. 

Yesterday, my boss planned to meet me at a store I don't make it to often. The coordinator I work with at that store is a fantastic employee and just recently got a terrific customer review. I figured she deserved a cake! But I didn't have a lot of time to decorate it. I had seen a pretty cake by i am baker a while back and decided to do it! A pretty design and simple. 



 The top was fun. The sides, not as easy. And I kinda improvised on filling in "holes". Oh well. Overall, it looks how I planned. Unfortunately it didn't take the 45 minute drive so well. Some slid off the side. But it's ok. She got her cake and was happy! I hope she enjoyed! I tried a new marble cake so we'll see what she thinks :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment