Monday, November 28, 2011

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Here's the last of my new recipes from the holidays. I had such a fun time trying out new things! I had never made homemade cinnamon rolls before. I enjoy stuff like this!

I found the recipe here. They're called Maple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls. I just recently came across Bakingdom so I don't know a lot about it, but it sure does seem like it's full of delicious recipes! This is probably just the first of many recipes I'll try from there!

Umm, have I ever mentioned I'm lazy? I am. Point is, I'm not going to type out the whole recipe. It's kinda long. But it's all ok because I've put the link to the recipe, so no big deal, right? Good. Now, pictures:
(Ha, speaking of lazy, I didn't get any "in the process" pictures. But it wasn't because I was lazy. It was because I was trying to hurry)

 I didn't use nuts. I didn't have any. But they're still good!


 Ok, obviously I have some improving to do, but they baked up fine :)
 Here are more pictures by my brother.
 My mom and I went for a run while they baked. 
Fortunately my brother took pictures before they dug in.
 This is what we came back to. At least they saved us some!
yum yum yum

They aren't quite like traditional cinnamon rolls because they are maple cinnamon rolls. Not that there is anything wrong with maple. But I don't think I'd ever tried a cinnamon roll with syrup in it. You could definitely taste the syrup and brown sugar more than the cinnamon. Who knows, that could've been my fault. I did accidentally put a few extra tablespoons of butter in the icing because I looked at the wrong spot on the recipe. hehe! Well they couldn't have been that bad. They didn't last long. 
They were fun to make!


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to start the day! This is my first visit to your blog, so I've spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mary
    Thank you! So glad you stopped by :)

    ReplyDelete