Sunday, February 26, 2012

Brooches & Baby Shower

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!! I wish it had been a little warmer, but it is still February so what can you do? I had to snuggle up on the couch instead of basking in the sun. Tough life. I'm sure spring will be here before we know it. 

I received some molds in the mail this week! Sooner than I expected them too! They're brooch molds. I love brooch molds but when I looked a few months back, found nothing that I liked. Then I happened across these a couple weeks ago and had to have them! I played with them a little this weekend.
Oh my goodness, I'm so excited to use these! Don't you think they're pretty?? Especially with the gold and silver shimmer. Maybe the picture isn't the best, but I really like them. I'm not sure what to do with these now, because I am not throwing them away! I'll figure out something.

And I thought of a great idea for using one on a cake!! I plan on doing it soon so we'll see how it turns out. If it's any good, you'll see pictures :)

I also made a baby shower cake this weekend for a young lady at church due in April with her first. It's a girl!! 
 It's vanilla cake (new recipe --- everyone seemed to like it. Hope they weren't just being nice!) with cream cheese filling and covered in buttercream. Fondant decorations.
 I think the pictures from my phone were actually better, but I can't get them to download so these will have to do. (ugh)

 I didn't realize it was blurry :(
This is a picture of the cake that the sister-in-law of the mom-to-be gave me to use as inspiration.
Hopefully you can see a resemblance! 
Night night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment