Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Presents

As I mentioned in my last post, we had a fantastic Christmas!!! I definitely enjoyed the time off and the time with friends and family. On top of that, I also got some pretty sweet Christmas presents :) Let's say about 98% of my gifts had to do with baking, which is ok with me! Here we go..

A beater!! And it's the nice kind that scrapes the sides while mixing.

 A nice, non-plastic ball tool. Now, that's us laughing because my family can't handle "ball tool". hehe

 Silicone molds! So far, these items make no sense to my family... I tried to explain but I don't think they care. My husband is starting to get it all though! Ha!
 Attempt for a better picture, but I haven't even unwrapped them yet. The long ones are 5 different sizes of beads. I'm not even doing a good job of explaining...
 Another mold. An anemone :)
 I'm pumped about this. I saw it at a store in Nashville last April when I took a class from Jay Qualls from Next Great Baker Season 1. That was a great class!!
 Stencils!!! Gorgeous ones! Damask ones!! I'm planning on making a dummy cake and decorating it with the damask design. So excited.
 No pictures of me opening these... I'm sure you're grateful.
 Jumbo Cupcake!! I am determined to (one day) make a tiered cake with a Jumbo Cupcake on top. I've seen some absolutely adorable cakes like that!
 Cake Pop and Donut Hole Maker. Heck yeah! And it's pretty! Love that color.
Check this out!! Stackable cupcake carrier! This will come in handy. Especially since I have a few orders for cupcakes coming up.
 This is a cookie press. You can put dough in there and put one of the discs in and it'll have a cool shape. Or you can pipe with it! Pretty snazzy.
A clay extruder. I played with this over the break with some actual clay my brother had. This is what I was trying to clean when I cut my finger. Learned my lesson. I have to clean this very carefully.

Since we've been back home for all of 4 days, we've had to unpack and do a bajillion loads of laundry (I've heard it only gets better when kids come along), head back to work, and a bunch of other stuff so I haven't had a chance to use anything yet. Maybe I can play with some this weekend when I'm working on a cake and some cupcakes, but I'm doubtful. I still need to put up all our Christmas decorations. Our anniversary was this past Tuesday so we're supposed to go out Saturday night. And I signed up to run a half marathon Sunday morning so I plan on laying around the rest of the day. I'll be out of town the next weekend... I've got a some cakes coming up too!! And a cake competition! As well as possibly four wedding cakes this year (so far)! It might be a busy start to the year and lots to come, but it's all good. I'm excited about all of it! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment